Friday, August 19, 2011

How Does a Juice Cleanse Work?

Doing a juice cleanse involves the intake of high amounts of raw (uncooked) vegetables and fruits. You must also make sure that you are drinking a lot of water daily. You take your vegetables and fruits and basically juice them in a juicer. That's it. When using organic veggies and fruit  I keep the peel on certain things like cucumber for example. Citrus fruits are a different story, I would remove the skin off of those.

What I plan on doing is juicing mostly vegetables with one or two fruits, just to sweeten it for each serving. Here are a few examples of the food that can be juiced:

cucumbers
apples
cabbage
pineapple
kale
carrots
ginger
beets
celery
oranges
lemon
grapefruit
collard greens
garlic
radishes
pears
tomatoes

Just about any raw vegetable or fruit can be juiced! A juicer will definitely be needed. I'm going to be investing in a good juicer as juicing should really be a lifelong commitment. I can't say I juice now, but I'm going to make that commitment.

Bottled juice as it is not the same thing and should not be consumed. Most bottled juice is highly processed and not the same thing as eating raw juice. Do not do a juice cleanse if you're nursing or pregnant, however do drink the juice with meals (the benefits to you and your baby are fantastic). As always consult a doctor before starting this or any other diet or exercise program.

This is a healthy way of ensuring I get all of my vitamins and minerals as I would never be able to actually eat high amounts of veggies and fruits. I'm looking forward to this cleanse!

One last and very important thing. When I come off of the juice cleanse, I am not going to run out and get a cheeseburger from the local fast food restaurant. That's the worst thing I can do to my body. I will have to ease out of it by eating raw fruits and vegetables for at least 3 weeks after I cleanse. The raw food recipes that I will do after my cleanse will be posted. This is a commitment that I am making to myself.

I will start today. Later this evening I will post a few of the recipes I will make.

Since I was inspired to do this by the Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead movie I am posting a link to their site where you can find all sorts of information on juicing as well as recipes. The address is: www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

Melissa
Our Daily Veg

The information contained in this Website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended as and should not be relied upon as medical advice. The information may not apply to you and before you use any of the information provided in the site, you should contact a qualified medical, dietary, fitness or other appropriate professional. If you utilize any information provided in this site, you do so at your own risk and you specifically waive any right to make any claim against Our Daily Veg or representatives as the result of the use of such information.

1 comment: