Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 3 Cleanse

Day 3 complete! I weighed 121 lbs this morning. No weight loss today. I guess this is my body trying to store fat. On the Master Cleanse, this happens about two times during the 10 day cleanse. I am going to assume this is the same for this cleanse.

Here is what happened on Day 3:

I woke up with a slight sore throat, but lots of energy. My sore throat went away within the hour, but my energy stayed all day. Lying in bed I thought about bok choy and the chow mein recipe I had made last week. That's when I knew it was time to get up! As I walked around the house I realized something was missing. There was an emptiness between my elbows and my waist. When I looked in the mirror I saw that my waist was returning! Yay!

Later that day, I went grocery shopping where I was surrounded by cookies and all sorts of fatty foods. When I saw them I wasn't hungry or craving them like I would usually. All that food and starch actually grossed me out. I was home most of the day and I did crave food at times, but as soon as that happened I began an activity. My daughter and I made paper crafts together and we took a nice long walk around town and even caught a free concert at the park!

I am learning to conquer my addiction and know that I can do it. This cleanse is teaching me to not only keep my mind occupied, but to spend quality time with others and myself. Relaxing isn't just about lying on the couch watching TV, it's about getting up and enjoying life.

Melissa
Our Daily Veg

The information contained in this Website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended as and should not be relied upon as medical advice. The information may not apply to you and before you use any of the information provided in the site, you should contact a qualified medical, dietary, fitness or other appropriate professional. If you utilize any information provided in this site, you do so at your own risk and you specifically waive any right to make any claim against Our Daily Veg or representatives as the result of the use of such information.

No comments:

Post a Comment