Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 2 Cleanse

Wow! Day 2 is complete! This morning my weight is at 121 lbs. Very nice! So here's how day 2 went for me:

Day 2 started off with me waking up with a lot of energy and a sore throat (I read that the sore throat is just part of the repairing process your body goes through when doing a cleanse). As the day progressed the sore throat continued, but lessened throughout the day. I drank some juice and I was fine all day until about 4 pm. That's when the food cravings kicked in. I wasn't hungry, I just started to want bread and pizza. I drank my juice, a lot of it and I was full but still the thought of food was there and I wanted something more.

At about 5 pm a friend of ours stopped by to visit. She and I talked until about 8 pm and at that time I learned something about myself. Something life changing. My friend is a very inspiring and interesting lady so we had an engaging conversation. But, not only was I inspired by what she was telling me I also learned something about myself that I'd never known, and yet it seems so simple. During the time I spent talking with her I never thought of food and all my food cravings went away. By the time she left, my cravings were gone and I wasn't hungry. Wow! What a discovery! I've always thought it was stress that was making me eat but in actual fact, I eat out of boredom. If I am not doing something that is enjoyable,  I am thinking of food.

Think about it. It makes sense for many of us. We were once children playing hide and seek with our friends only to be interrupted by our parents calling us in for dinner. How hard was it to come in and eat? It was horrible. Playtime was over. We didn't want to leave our friends. If possible we could go without dinner. We weren't thinking of food all the time.

As adults many of us have sedimentary jobs and though we are busy, we are bored. We go home, watch TV, and watch commercials about food and our minds are bored. Not only are we bored and constantly thinking of food, we aren't moving. Not everyone is like this, but I'm sure the majority of us do this without even knowing it.

I thought about it. When I am with my family enjoying the day, I am not thinking of food. When I am busy working on a project that I like, food takes a backseat.  The more I thought, the more I realized that all the times that I am thinking of food I am either alone, doing something I don't like, or lying down watching TV.

So here's what I'm committing to do to change this bad habit, and you can too. Today, I am going to write a list of things I do that are nonproductive throughout the day. Next to that I'm going to write activities that I can do instead. There are no rules for this plan, so there is no minimum or maximum. Just things I enjoy doing for those times I find myself bored. Now don't get me wrong, if you are alone and tired and you want to watch TV, then do it. But, as soon as you start thinking about food recognize that your body is trying to tell you something.

Day 2 proved to be an enlightening day.

Try it and let me know what you think.

Melissa
Our Daily Veg

The information contained in this Website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended as and should not be relied upon as medical advice. The information may not apply to you and before you use any of the information provided in the site, you should contact a qualified medical, dietary, fitness or other appropriate professional. If you utilize any information provided in this site, you do so at your own risk and you specifically waive any right to make any claim against Our Daily Veg or representatives as the result of the use of such information.

No comments:

Post a Comment