Monday, February 27, 2012

Ice Cream Sundae!!!

It's been a long time daily veggers but today I am back! Many of you said that your New Year's resolution was to eat more vegan friendly meals. A lot of you gave up because you weren't sure what to eat. Well get back on that wagon because today I bring you the dairy-free, gluten-free, cruelty-free sundae complete with caramel sauce and brownie! Here we go.....








Chocolate Lovers Brownie
3 cups walnuts
1 cup dates
1/4 cup agave
3 tablespoons raw cacao powder

In a processor, process nuts until you get a powder like consistency. Add dates and process some more. Begin to add agave and cacao powder until you get a dough like consistency. Remove "dough" from processor and shape it into a rectangle by simply using your hands. Use a knife to cut our your brownie pieces. You will have 6 brownies with this recipe. Easy!


Caramel Sauce
1/2 cup agave
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 tablespoon almond milk

Place all of the ingredients in a cup (I do it right in the measuring cup that I use to measure the agave). Whisk with a fork until you have a caramel sauce consistency. That's it.

For the ice cream I like to use a brand called Coconut Bliss. It's vegan and uses a coconut base just as the name suggests.

You can add different toppings such as crushed nuts, raw cacao nibs, or goji berries. For this particular recipe I used raw cacao nibs.

The whole sundae can be made in less than ten minutes. I guarantee you will love it. Try it and let me know what you think!

Melissa
Our Daily Veg

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart with all these sweet treats Gawd I love chocolate

    ReplyDelete