Thursday, November 17, 2011

Garbanzo Miso Soup

Hello Daily Veggers! The holidays are quickly approaching and the weather is getting much colder. It's a great time for some nice warm soup!

On a recent trip to Sedona I had the opportunity to try an amazing garbanzo miso soup at a fantastic vegan restaurant called The Chocola Tree. I decided to make my own version of this amazing soup and I'm happy to say I came pretty close! This soup is fast, easy, healthy, and great for the holidays or for a day in.

Garbanzo Miso Soup

2 cans garbanzo beans
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup agave
1/4 cup finely chopped leeks or green onion
3 tablespoons miso


In a processor using the "s" shaped blade process garbanzo beans (liquid and all). When the garbanzo mixture is smooth, begin to add 1 cup water while it is still processing. Once blended, heat in a saucepan over low to medium flame. In a cup whisk miso and 1/2 cup of water (I like to use a fork to whisk the two ingredients). Whisk until miso is completely dissolved. Add miso mixture and agave to the soup in the saucepan. Once soup is warm turn off the stove and then add chopped leeks or green onion. Stir and let sit for about 2 minutes. Serve and enjoy!!!!

Try it and let me know what you think!

Melissa
Our Daily Veg

No comments:

Post a Comment