Thursday, July 21, 2011

The day I turned a cauliflower into mashed potatoes.....

I recently had my wisdom teeth removed and had been told my dentist to keep a soft foods diet. I knew I had to get creative if I was going to survive. For the past 8 days I have been eating smoothies. Smoothie fruit drinks, smoothie veggie drinks, etc. Today I went in for my checkup and the dentist said I was recovering quite nicely. I am now able to eat harder foods. It's been fun eating soft foods and so just as a precaution and because I'm losing weight by eating all day (that's right, eating allllll friggin day) I'm going to keep it up for a couple more days. Did I mention I also have more energy and I eat allllllllll friggin day?

Today, I decided I would eat the cauliflower that was sitting in my refrigerator. What I made surprised me. It looked just like mashed potatoes. It even tasted like mashed potatoes! Wow, how could a veggie taste so good and be so good for you? Try it, let me know what you think!

Cauliflower Not Mashed Potatoes

1 Medium Sized Cauliflower
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
2 cloves of garlic (More if you want to kick it up a notch)
Salt and Pepper to taste


Place the whole cauliflower (leaves removed) into a pot of boiling water. Boil cauliflower for 5 minutes. Drain. Immediately place the cauliflower in a food processor, or blender. Add oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Process using the S blade on your processor. If you're using a blender hit the liquefy button, stopping and mixing as needed. Once you get a mashed potato consistency you are done! Enjoy!!!!!

*I used a blender when I made this recipe. It worked, but the processor would have probably been faster. Not by much though.

No comments:

Post a Comment